1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Menu

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by griff123, Dec 26, 2003.

1. griff123

griff123 Guest

I have been using DVD Shrink, but when I go to reauther the DVD it will not let me copy the Menu, only the main movie. The movie will play on my computer but not on my TV DVD player. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi griff,
    When you open the re-author screen, only drag over the main movie title. When you re-author with DVD Shrink the menus quit working so there is no point in putting them on your disc. With just the main movie on your disc, it should begin to play as soon as you put the disc in.
    You can try this to preserve the menus:
    Open Shrink and then open your movie, Do not select re-author. Remove unwanted audio and sub-pictures. Click on the menu to select it, then click on ratio and increase the compression as much as possible, then do the same thing with the extras or apply still pictures to the extras. If the compression on the main movie is resonable, select backup.
    This isn't going to work on larger movies very well.
    You can get good results using other programs such as Nero Recode 2 used with DVD Decrypter or CloneDVD used with AnyDVD.

Best wishes,
    Frank

3. DVDKO

DVDKO Member

FasFrank,

Can you accomplish the same using Ahead Nero 5.5 combined with DVDDecrypter. If so, how exactly?

Thanx in advance.