1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd-Shrink......Menus / all or nothing?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mrlewp, Jan 30, 2004.

1. mrlewp

mrlewp Member

Having trouble with menus, in that they dont always work. Is it because I am omitting some of the items they refer to. Does any compression done to the menu
    video render it useless? If I must leave in ALL video
    pieces to maintain menu...cant I at least compress them as much as possible?(view quality not a concern).
    I know ...so WHY leave the menu? I'd like the scenes or chapters function to stay.

2. nobbi1977

nobbi1977 Member

I tend not to take away the sub-tracks on menus as they are somtimes the light that moves between objects and such. i allways shrink them to still frames as want best quality film.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

With DVDshrink, if you re-author the movie, the menu becomes inactive and just plays like a video clip. To keep it active, you must click backup without re-author. You can make the menu and extras compress more to get better movie quality. Say you want to change the menu compression. Click the menu,then click ratio. You will get a slider type bar showing the compression. Slide it as low as you want.(I usually do about 50%). Do the same for any extras that don't matter much. Movie should increase. Then click backup. Menu will work.
    Jerry

4. mrlewp

mrlewp Member

That helps a lot! Thanks. Need clarity on one thing..
    if I delete some items pointed to in menu ( director/
    actor videos ) will the menu still work for desired
    items..scenes / chapters.?

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi mrlewp,
    The only way you can use DVDShrink to delete things other than audio and subpictures is to re-author. Your menu won't work in re-author, even if you put all the titles back in.
    The titles will just play in sequence.

I'd follow Jerry's advice and just compress the extras more while staying in the Full Disk Backup window.

Frank