1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink messed up my dvd drive

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by lester16, Jan 4, 2005.

1. lester16

lester16 Member

ive been using this program for a while now. i made like 8 backups of dvds using this program. when i tried backing up anchorman it was going well until it froze and said could not read something like that

then after that my cd/dvd drive wont read dvd disc it reads cds fine but it wont read dvds can anyone help me on this

2. flabob

flabob Regular member

have you changed your media?...like +r's to -r's..or visa versa....also, try uninstalling your dvd burner software..then reinstalling it, and also un plug your usb plug from back....then plug your usb back and re-install your dvd burner software

do the same with dvd shrink...uninstall it..then re-install it...i had to do that a couple of time ..for what ever reason...hope this helps [​IMG]

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I had this problem with DVD Xcopy it ruined 2 DVD burnners mine and a friends. Got hung up and burnt the ops out on the DVD part of it. Could read and copy CD-Rs but wouldnt read or copy DVD anymore. Even installed new firmware for the DVD burnner didnt fix problem. unistalled and reinstalled everything didnt help. I thought it was strange myself. I brought it in to a friends computer store and he said the ops was burnt on it. So I got a diffrent 1. I have been using DVDShrink for years and have had no problems with it. Went back to DVDShrink after Xcopy ruined my last DVD burrner. SO all i can tell you is it probaly messed up your ops for your DVD.

4. flabob

flabob Regular member

hmmmmmmm...weird....first time i ever heard of this...thx for the info [​IMG]..wish i could be of more help

bob