1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink movie on HDTV? Ever viewed?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by baileymot, Aug 26, 2004.

1. baileymot

baileymot Member

Just wondering if any of you have ever used a dvd shrink produced movie on a large HDTV? I am currently using dvd shrink and love it. I notice no quality loss, but I am viewing on a normal 32" tv. Should I expect to see lesser quality if i was to view it on a larger HDTV?

2. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I have a 56" Mitsibishi HDTV, quality is excellent. Is that big enuff for a comparison? ;)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SO[/small]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  3. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

I have a 53" Hitachi Ultravision HDTV and the qulaity is A1.

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I have my 19" computer monitor and it looks fantastic.

5. baileymot

baileymot Member

Thank you for your replies. I feel a little more comfortable now with the time I have spent burning all these movies. I think I am going to try and find an electronics store with a dvd player hooked up to a 50"+ HDTV and see how it looks. I always hear about the so called 'more advanced' ways of burning movies, such as using CCE, etc - The people who are frequent users of those programs always swear up and down that DVD Shrink is absolutely horrible when compared to a CCE, etc produced movies, and nothing compared to the original.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2004
  6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

That was a joke by the way :)

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

[bold]The people who are frequent users of those programs always swear up and down that DVD Shrink is absolutely horrible when compared to a CCE, etc produced movies, and nothing compared to the original.[/bold]

I don't believe any(or most) of us ever said that, and if so, sorry if "I" gave that impression. I have praised the new shrink 3.2 to the heavens. It is leaps and bounds better. Both in features(still image to retain menu function for one) and in quality(new 2 pass and AEC settings). Not to mention, it's FREE!

However, having said all that, RB/CCE in my mind is better, that doesn't make shrink "horrible". Besides can't you praise one app and still applaud another?

Also, I like different apps for different situations. There is no rule stating you must use one program of your choosing and that is all.

( I use about 5 apps, oh wait, there's Alchohol 120 for bin/cue files. OH and then there's.... wait, and ...)