1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink, Nero and DVDDecrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by RVPBOSS, Jan 1, 2005.

1. RVPBOSS

RVPBOSS Guest

I've read that this comination of software works best for DVD backing up.
    i am currently backing up a DVD with DVD Shrink, Deep whatever enabled and it saya 1 hour to burn.
    I have a sony dw22a dvd burner and using TDk +r media.
    I'm running win xp.

My 2 questions are, how can I speed up the burning process, and how do I use the 3 programs listed above together?

Thanks
    BOSS

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I use dvd shrink and nero for nearly all my backups.

Those 2 work pretty well on both dvd-5 and dvd-9 backups.

Use dvd decrypter and dvd shrink for dvd-9 movies.

Use dvd decrypter only for dvd-5 movies.Quicker by far on those small dvds.

Dvd shrink compresses the larger movies to put on 1 disc. Dvd decrypter is a more powerfull ripper for problematic original discs with encryption and also has a burn engine.

Using dvd shrinks quality enhancements in the backup options will slow you down. usually quality varies by each person. If time is the issue, you can just compress main movie only,backup,leave all enhancements unchecked and burn away.I have done small movies in 20 minutes.

Deep analysis?

I usually go by how much shrinkage I do, like down in the 50% range,I definitely use it where as someone else won't.Just scroll around on that tab for different enhancements.

With all these combinations,that is why I just use dvd shrink,and have nero enabled to burn. Along with my dvd rom and burner,I put original in dvd rom and blank in dvd burner,open up shrink,reauthor,leave off the enhancements and ok, bam 1 near perfect backup in 20 to 60 mins.As soon as I hit backup ok,it is all automatic.
    The more of the movie you keep,the more shrinking you will do, therefore it takes longer.

Your pc specs also decide how fast you are going to back them up.

Hope this helps you out.