1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink + Nero Problem...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kanen07, Dec 21, 2004.

1. kanen07

kanen07 Member

I've been using DVD Shrink and Nero to burn my movies,, but the problem I'm running into has been with my DVD drive's burn speed. Although I check in Shrink to burn the disc at 2x, it ALWAYS burns it in 4 or 8 (my drive's max is 16), and I DON'T WANT IT TO! This is driving me crazy! I changed the drive's burn speed in windows to no avail, and I always check 1, 2, or 2.4 speed in Shrink before starting the process and it never works...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated guys!

2. colw

colw Active member

As Shrink does not burn, I would suggest that you need to specify your burn speed in Nero.

In Nero Extra's there is an option to Control Drive'
    s Speed.

Try inputting desired speed useing this option.

3. kanen07

kanen07 Member

I tried using Nero's Drivespeed again to no avail. I've looked all over Nero for a way to control this, and nothing. I always switch to 2X when it asks before burning, but it always goes the max speed my media will allow. If anyone has an answer I'd appreciate it!

4. bardie

bardie Regular member

Maybe try a program called CopyToDVD, this has a 30 day trial so it's worth giving it a go.
    In this program you can tell it what speed you desire, and I usually select 4x as this gives you a nice steady burn that may reduce problems in playback of the burnt copy.

5. wild77

wild77 Guest

You can also use Dvd Decrypter to burn as well it has a setting for burn speed.This might help to find out if it is a software or hardware issue.