1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink-Nero6

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bonka43, Mar 26, 2005.

1. bonka43

bonka43 Member

I use DVD Shrink and when I burn a copy using Nero6 all acts as it is supposed to except there seems to be nothing burned onto the DVD. I cannot play it on my computer nor on my DVD Player. This just started happening recently. All worked well until just the past few tries.
    Thank you.
    Bonka

2. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

Have you changed media lately? Have you changed any settings in Shrink?
    Just acouple things to think about.
    HW.

3. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

When Nero is done, it offers to make a log file. Can you try it again and then copy/paste the log into a reply? (Make sure you edit out your Nero serial numbers, they usually start with 1a23 or 1a25).

You may want to get a couple DVD-RW discs so you can re-use them.

As Hallywood mentioned, media can do this sort of thing. Is anything written on the disc at all? You should be able to see the burned area on the disc.

4. woff3119

woff3119 Member

I am having the same problem with my Nero 6, since upgrading to the new DVD Shrink I have not been able to burn either with the Nero. Does anyone have any suggestions.

5. CKY_2084

CKY_2084 Guest

Just like fasfrank said get some DVDRWs till you figure the problem out, because we really cant help you without more info like what is the version of DVD Shrink, What media are you using, what burner, and yes a log file would REALLLYYYY help us help you. Good Luck

6. bonka43

bonka43 Member

I just used a maxell DVD+RW and burned a DVD with success. My generic DVDs must be a problem. It have burned many DVDs before with the generic.
    As far as a burn log from Nero6 I only see one on screen while the burn is in process. I am not too bright when it comes to these things. I am 62 and know more about fixing '49 Chevys than computers.
    I am using DVD Shrink 3.2
    My other question is: why were so many copies burned using the generic discs and all of a sudden will not anymore? Must be quality contol. What brand would be the most economical to use. I burn things for my granchildren so I know the content is appropriate.
    Thank You
    Bonks

7. BTFSB

BTFSB Member

All too often people buy what is thrown at them. First and foremost update your firmware for your drive, second buy quality media. If you are having problems with discs with no content then its your recorder writing the track at the wrong position. You software either reads the drives frimware or in the case of Nero reads the MID code on the disk and adjusts itself dynamically. Make sure your media is compatible with your recorder. If all else fails you spent how much for that media? You can buy a new burner for the price of a 100 pack of media. Peace of mind and good copies makes more sense to me. Always buy quality media and stay away from the web deals you see. Most of those disks are horibbly produced in some third world country by a six year old child working as slave labor.

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

[bold]Must be quality contol[/bold]

You are dead on with that one.. Majority of burning issues can be resolved just by using high quality media,backup target set to around 4360 mbs or so,and an average burn of around 4x..

Quality can vary between: during that spindle/switching spindles-same brand name/and changing brand names.That's why it is advised to buy the good stuff like taiyo yudens, but then they also have fakes surfacing around.

9. hijacker

hijacker Guest

I have had a similair problem all of a sudden with nero 6.When I would make a back-up it would freeze and lock up durring a certain part of the movie.I have stopped backing up with nero because of that, which is a dissapointment because it was working so well.So I now burn strictly dvd decrypter and dvd shrink only.Haven't had a coaster since.Compress with shrink and burn with decrypter.Either the .iso or .mds file.

10. hijacker

hijacker Guest

If you have a dual-layer burner their was a windows update that effected burning with dual-layer drives and nero.

11. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

- replies 2 and 4 in http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/173936

what burning program is it that you think Shrink is using then ? :)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  12. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

Well he said he quit using Nero so that would lead me to believe he's using Decrypter.
    HW.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005