1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink - Never Encountered Problems

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by beatsuite, May 1, 2007.

1. beatsuite

beatsuite Member

Hey, don't intend to boast but I've noticed a lot of people backing up the same movies as myself including "Children of Men" and "Happy Feet" with various problems and others mentioned.

I don't seem to encounter any problems using DVD Shrink, infact it's never, ever failed me. I use a process of Decrypting my DVD with DVD Decrypter to the hard drive, then shrinking these files to 4.3gb with DVD Shrink then burning with Nero.

Anything decrypted with DVD Decrypter has never had a problem with DVD Shrink and anything compressed with DVD Shrink has never had a problem playing back with Nero DVD.

I don't know if I'm lucky but the process of backing up my DVDs is now a reliable and worthy one as there is no difference (to the naked eye) of quality between my originals and backups.

I bless this ability seeing as I often insert one of my favourite comedy shows i.e. Red Dwarf or Family Guy or something I watch frequently and have it skip in my DVD player.

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

Yes you have been lucky or you are not backing up any sony or disney dvds as decrypter cannot handle them
    Most people use DVDFab(free) which is the best free ripper with updates around.

couple things

Might want to use a lens cleaner for your dvd player.

What brand of media are you using and what speed do you burn at?

3. beatsuite

beatsuite Member

I've backup my girlfriend's Disney DVDs no problem and it's mostly the red Sony ones that DVD Decrypter can't handle.

My players are fine, it's just these well used well watched dvds