1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink no longer works with Vista

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by irongiant, Jun 19, 2007.

1. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

After the May patch of windows updates my dvd shrinks no longer works with vista, it reads the disk, and when i click back up, it slows down, and showes the window up to 200 hrs to complete the process and end up crashing my pc, i reinstall, fresh vista, and with no patches from microsoft it works great, as soon as the updates are install, it does the same thing again, i guess microsoft found a way to block dvd shrink from working on vista, Ahh and by the way, it also blocks clone dvd from slysoft, the only one that worked so far is DVDfab. so i ended up, putting xp back on, until someone could fix that bug.

2. probin94

probin94 Member

i also had this problem...i just restored back to an earlier date before the updates and everything works fine now. i also hope there is a fix for this eventually.

3. david66

david66 Regular member

I have Vista with all new updates and shrink works do you have enough RAM you need more than 512 mgs i am running 2 gigs of RAM

4. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I have Vista 32 Home Edition with the updates and all my programs are working. I agree on the Ram it may say Vista can operate on 512 but it really is a resource pig and needs minimum of 1g of Ram. Besides hogging Ram it also uses a big chunk of HDD, make sure you got enough HDD left for your programs to operate.

5. probin94

probin94 Member

yeah i dont know then. ive got a gig of ram and about 120 gigs hdd left. they still didnt want to work. lookin to upgrade ram in the near future though. we'll see...i might try them again.

6. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

I have 3gig and 375gig hhd and it wasnt working, who knows it could be dvd writer issues. i will have to check and let you know lol.