1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink not automatically launching NERO

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by CuriosGeo, Jul 16, 2013.

1. CuriosGeo

CuriosGeo Member

Ive been using DVD Shrink 3.2 for several years on both my desktop and laptop with no problems. Just recently my laptop version no longer burns DVDs. Ive found that the registry on my laptop no longer has any references to NERO Burn. ie; Enable NERO Burn. Those NERO entries are in the registry on my desktop and it still automatically burns and has rhe NERO references in it. I re-installed DVD Shrink on my laptop and it still doesnt have any references to NERO. In fact, it has several less Registry entries than it did before I re-installed. Both machines used the same install program and thats what I re-installed with. Both machines are running NERO OEM.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks for your time!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  2. attar

attar Senior member

I assume that it's Nero 7 or earlier and 'enable burning with Nero' is checked in the File i/o preferences?

3. CuriosGeo

CuriosGeo Member

Yes, it is Nero 6.3.1.17 and the "Burning with Nero" is checked. Both machines have the same programs and settings.

4. attar

attar Senior member

IIRC, Nero had to be installed before DVD Shrink, so perhaps uninstall both and try that.
    There used to be an uninstall tool for particular versions of Nero to get rid of all traces, but I can't recall where to get it.
    You do know that there is a portable version of DVD Shrink that can backup to use ImgBurn instead of Nero.

5. CuriosGeo

CuriosGeo Member

The NERO installed on both machines are OEM that means it was installed when the machines had their software installed before being shipped to a retail location. I thought about modifying the Registry on the laptop to match the desktop but that is a little scary. I looked at different registry information before but never changed it. Could whack the whole laptop. :)
    What do you mean "portable" version of DVD Shrink? I also have ImgBurn on the laptop. Does that allow you to automatically burn the DVD within DVD Shrink?

6. attar

attar Senior member

7. Chetwood

Chetwood Regular member

As mentioned in our FAQ, the Nero morons changed the commands for calling up their engine from inside DVD Shrink in version 7.x or so.