1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink not burning after installing service pack 2

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by fausty197, Dec 1, 2004.

1. fausty197

fausty197 Member

Hello
    I've been using dvd shrink version 3.14 with the latest version of nero for some time, never had a problem. Then I go and install service pack 2 for windows xp. The first couple movies burned fine. But now, while the analysing and encoding still work fine, when shrink goes to the burning phase, one of two things occur, and neither work. Either it immediately says "cannot complete write-at-once phase, burn failed" OR it burns the first 10% fine and then takes about 2 hours to complete the rest and the dvd won't even play. I have a brand new Dell dimension 4600 512mb 160 gb with a 16x phillips dvd+r burner. I've uninstalled sp2 and reinstalled both nero and dvd shrink, but no change. I've been unable to find the solution anywhere on this forum and would really appreciate help (from what I've read, if anyone can help me someone here would be the one). Thank you

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

have you tried using the new shrink?

3. fausty197

fausty197 Member

No, I haven't used the latest version of shrink. I was very happy with version 3.14, and my hope was to figure out exactly what settings on my computer were changed when I installed service pack 2. I have a feeling that it's got to be some setting that once recognized can be easily changed back to pre-sp2 status. I just have no idea what is different. I would do a system-restore but I've downloaded too much other important stuff since sp2 (spyware not the problem either). Is there any other information about my computer that would be helpful in figuring out exactly what has been changed?

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

hmmm ... no idea. You could check your ide settings and maybe check your aspi layer.

5. jmet

jmet Regular member

I noticed that Active X Controls were blocked by IE after installing SP2. I unblocked them and this seemed to have solved some of the problem. If you go to IE, Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Security and check “Allow Active X Content to Run On My Computer”.

I also shut Down All Other Programs.
    Shut down Zone Alarm.
    Disabled Norton AntiVirus, both AutoProtect & E-Mail.
    Deleted Temporary Internet Files.
    Emptied Recycle Bin.

Edit 1: Also check your DMA settings, go here to find out how: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=101616

Last edited: Dec 18, 2004
  6. fausty197

fausty197 Member

What is IE and where is it?

7. SurfDude

SurfDude Member

IE = Internet Explorer

I have SP2 and no problems, BUT I have the newest vertion ;)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  8. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member