1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink not doing the job

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by joebarby, Apr 3, 2007.

1. joebarby

joebarby Member

I have made it my staple uding DVD Shrink/Decryptor/Nero as well as clone DVD2 and lately I cannot get any good burns from either! maybe 1 in 2 dozen wil be sucessful using either single & duel layer fairly good media and reliable and Lite-on burners (nothing is working well) My Shrink doesn't even give me the option to burn with Decryptor any more! What's up with that?

Is there any newer and better rippers (neewer technologies) I can look into? Please guide me and or advise me, I'm tired of throwing good disks in the trash!

Joe

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

DVD Shrink is just fine....

Would be nice to know exactly what kind of media you are using and whether or not your firmware is current for your litey. Also...

Does that mean you are making coasters with failed burn messages? Or the disc burn just fine, but the result is full of pauses, skips and pixellation?

4. bigsnug

bigsnug Guest

I'm having trouble downloading ripit4me or dvd shrink. Any help here I've lost all of my burning programs and now i cant find them again to download.

5. FFsp42

FFsp42 Regular member

Last edited: Apr 3, 2007
  6. falconone

falconone Member

Could be a bad burner. How old is it ?

7. joebarby

joebarby Member

I Have two- one three years single layer; and one three months dual layer; both Lite-on and in good working order.

My thoughts lean more towards bad media but they burn better on other pc's with the same dvd burner hardware. Process of elimination (even after re-installs) puts software as cheif suspect (yes?, no? maybe?)

8. joebarby

joebarby Member

Oh! And one more thing, any sucessful burns will play in most PC's and my el-cheapo phillips DVD stand-alone unit w/tv only and no others! ????? Very puzzling!

9. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

What brand of media are you using?

What speed do you burn at?

10. joebarby

joebarby Member

I confess, I have no particular media I prefer or use, just whatever I can get on sale (they usually work alright) but none of them (expensive or cheap) hold up well over time and abuse.

My whole reason for postint this string is because there are a few choice dvd's that elude all my efforts for the "backup" process! Example Rocky Balboa! I am working on three years of ripping and know nearly way to "get it done", but I can't find Rocky's secret if my life depended on it! Any help would be apreciated!
    Joe

11. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I already gave you a link to guide that will get those elusive DVDs backed up (the post right under your original)

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

..indeed.. the awesome Shrink just needs a helping hand from program(s) mentioned above in the other replies..

13. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

yeah, have you tried bbmayo's guide because that will work for any dvd out there, unless you have a bad press of course.

in his guide DVDFab is the ripper that can rip any dvd out there.

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Or a person could just click

Here for everything needed plus some extras.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  15. janrocks

janrocks Guest

If you want to steal off people pacman you should at least have the sense to change the .nfo files :lol:

BTW.. The author of the program gave warning not to use the all-in-one installer because it looks for updates as it installs.. Which is the reason binky and myself haven't provided it.

Caught red handed... Have a nice day!

Original pack.. without all-in-one installer here

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2007
  16. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Janrocks
    I wasn't stealing anything. It's hard to steal what is already in the public domain. I was trying to do you a favor by improving your "Pack". I could have just as easily compiled a Pack myself without crediting anyone else. As you can see there are additions to what you had. That is not the all in one installer in that pack. That is the RI4M installer which automatically creates a folder in the Programs Files and installs RI4M into it along with the Help files. I see you didn't take time to see what was in there. I also added the Shrink.exe file that supports ImgBurn instead of DVD Decrypter for burning. That's a nice upgrade. Though I changed much of the guide to accomodate the added software, I left credit to Binkie and you. If you notice the nfo and the installation text have been revised. It was a gift for you and I credited Binkie's help. So, you see, it is an improvement over what was there before. As I said, you're welcome to use the link or upload the archive with your own link. After all, they weren't our programs in the first place. Like I mentioned before, it's hard to steal what's already in the public domain. Enjoy and now that you know what's in there you're welcome to it along with everyone else. So, Here, with the RI4M installer and not the All-In-One installer. :) These are the same files as those from the unmentionable website. LOL

Note: if worried about the installer trying to call home during installation, do the installation while offline and uncheck the box for updates in preferences as per instructions. But as I mentioned, there was an AIO (all in one) installer and the installer from RI4M.

17. LOCOENG

Is that wardogs installer?

18. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

LOCOENG
    It's a copy of the direct download from the site. If anyone's worried about it calling home, install offline or with the firewall up and uncheck the update selection in preferences. Since there appears to be some fuss and I was only putting together a good pack of freeware, anyone wanting it had best grab it fast. I'm going to kill the link.

19. LOCOENG

I was just asking because I have spoken to wardog and he doesn't want his installer being used either because he is afraid he may be in the same boat as the author of R4M.

20. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

It wasn't his. It was the one the original author had put in the public domain.