1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink not enough memory error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by 365kid, Jan 30, 2007.

1. 365kid

365kid Member

I am currently using DVD Shrink to backup the movie "Click" but I get an error at 12% analysing. It doesn't even get to open it. I used AnyDVD Ripper. Nero Recode 2 encounters same error what do I do? I really need this movie? It is even viewable in WinDVD. I also tried FixVTS and VobBlanker and no luck.

2. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Is your AnyDVD up to date, a major revision came out (6.1.1.4) just days ago. Also you need to make sure your FixVTS is up to date as well. It updated in the last few weeks.

As I understand it this is an error caused by encryption that Shrink can not break, and it gobbles up it's memory and poof!

AnyDVD and Shrink are my fave, but my Ace in the hole backup to that process is ripit4me. Visit http://www.ripit4me.org and add it to your library. (If you don't already have it, if you do it has updated as well)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  3. 365kid

365kid Member

i am using clonedvd trial and it seems to work. i'll add to this forum to get help. ripit4me is kinda good i've used it but it has been told that anydvd is better so i am using it. thx for the feedback

4. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

K...I love anyDVD and all, I own it. But don't discount ripit, it was able to do the harder movies (saw and openseason) before SlySoft products were able to by almost a week. Sooo...still consider it for a backup I am not sure I would call it better than rip it. Perhaps more user friendly, but SlySoft was late getting their updates out this time and a lot of people used rip it with success, Read the Saw3 sticky at the top of this forum. Long I know but informative.

Happy Burning, welcome.