1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink - Not enough Memory,

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by misfit45, Feb 27, 2007.

1. misfit45

misfit45 Member

Hi all,

I have been using DVD Shrink for some time now, with no problems. Recently, the following error message appeared, and I have not been able to copy some discs:

"DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue.
    Out of Memory.
    Not enough storage is available to process this command"

I am a little confused, as I have 256 memory, 80gb HDD with an extra 320gb HDD. I am running Windows XP Home (SP2).

Please can anyone help, this is driving me nuts.

Thanks in advance.

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Is this happening with a certain DVD or is it happening with any DVD that you try? How many background tasks do you have running?
    Make sure all your background tasks are turned off before attempting to copy a DVD. Programs like Norton security programs or simular.

Windows 95 Users
    Use the Ctrl-Alt-Del function to quit all the programs using the Task Manager, EXCEPT for the Explorer, systray, and your recording software

Windows 98/ME Users
    Select [Start] -> [Run], then input "msconfig". Disable everything under the [Startup] tab, except "system tray'.

Windows 2000/XP Users
    Open the Task Manager, then select the program/s under the [Application] tab, then click [End Task].

3. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Plenty of memory and HDD space available, it's more than likely a copy protection issue.

Shrink is outdated as far as its copy protection removal method, try using any of the apps I've provided links to below, any one should do the trick.

Note: shrink can be used in conjuction with any of the apps as well.

DVDFab then Shrink
    Ripit4me also uses shrink
    Anydvd allows shrink to work properly running in the backround.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  4. misfit45

misfit45 Member

Hi,

It works fine with some and then this error appears with others. I am not running any other applications at the same time.

I am using DVD43 to remove the protection.

I have tried using DVD Decryptor and the disc burns perfectly to my HDD. But I cannot burn it to disc as it is then a 7gb file, and I need to burn it to a 4.6gb, which is why I was using DVD Shrink.

5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

In my experience DVD43 hasn't been the most effective ripping solution. However if you've made a successful rip to your HDD (hopefully in File mode) you can try to run the VIDEO_TS.IFO through VobBlanker and then try to open it again in DVD Shrink. If you still get no joy you might want to consider reripping using Ripit4me and follow all of the recommended steps.

Ripit4Me-
    http://www.ripit4me.org

Guides:
    RipIt4Me..Quick Reference Guide
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/360110

An animated tutorial how to use the Wizard with RipIt4Me
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=68097