1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink not responding on ejection after back up

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by junior123, Jun 18, 2004.

1. junior123

junior123 Member

After back up of dvd has occurred the disk ejects but 90% of the time it hang (not responding) and does not prompt me to insert blank media to write to. I have to reboot PC because even manually opening nero does not work. After reboot nero will open manually and I then can burn. Just a pain to need to reboot!

2. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

sounds like a memory issue to me.
    How much Ram are you using?

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Might as well post all of your system specs.

4. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

Hello again flip,
    look, I can't help myself. I just put a new processor in and managed to overclock it so obviously I had to show everyone. You of all people would understand that. Lol.
    Btw. The bacon and eggs were beautiful, had fried potatoes too.

5. flip218

agent-k,

Thats great :), just don't get into burning fast... fast doesn't mean better. I like burning at 2.4x :)

6. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

I've been burning all movies at 8xspeed ever since the pioneer 107 came out with no problems.
    I was a bit hesitant at first as I had originally been told that a movie should be burned at 1x or 2x speed. Having tried it for some time now at 8x I realise what a load of rubbish that was. Or it may be that the 107 is just that good. Or just that I am lucky.
    Any way it works fine. No coasters.

7. junior123

junior123 Member

my system is p4 3000, 80 gigHd, 1 gig ram, using pioneer a07 8x but my media is 4x. hope this can help you suggest some help to me. I'm not sure ram is the prob, but i'm happy to try anything to stop need ing to reboot. I burn at 4x without any worries.

8. flip218

junior123,

So 10% of the time you can successfully backup a dvd? How much free space on your HD? You defragged your drive lately? or Disk cleanup?

9. brobear

brobear Guest

Flip and Junior,
    Just another thought to throw into the mix. I've heard the InCD portion of Nero can be a problem. I've heard some people say it shouldn't be loaded when using DVD burners. Could the InCD be a problem? Are there any other recording software open on the machine? I always close programs like Roxio and anything else that can run in the background when recording. Just a thought...

You're right on the space Flip. A lot of people don't realize the amount of space needed for DVD recording. Some people say 10GB, personally I always maintain at least 15GB of free HD space so things don't get too crowded. I think that 10GB is the minimum and we all know what minimum means; minimum input-minimum output.

10. junior123

junior123 Member

hi guys, I do have incd installed and after my initial hang I go to reboot and I get a message that incd is not responding and I need to physically press restart on case. I think incd may be the problem. Do I need it installed or will just nero and shrink do the job?

11. brobear

brobear Guest

InCD is listed separately in ADD-Remove. Go into the control panel, open ADD-Remove software and delete the InCD. InCD is usually included separately in upgrade downloads. So, in the future don't open the InCD portion. InCD is a known problem with DVD burning. If the InCD is not the offender it isn't difficult to put back. Just download the file from the Nero site and open it.

You have Nero. Do you have the Platinum with Recode2? If so you have a good DVD recording program there. With Recode2 you have to either use a decrypted hard drive file or a background decrypter like AnyDVD or the free DVD43. I use AnyDVD when I need a decrypter of that sort. I use HD files in ISO format which is a little bit tricky, but works well for me and has for a lot of burns.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2004