1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink only burns at 2.4x now

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Hexy, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Hexy

Hexy Member

Using DVd Shrink 3.2.0.15, WinXP SP2, Nero 6 demo, Plextor external Px-708UF burner and all is fine, burned a ton of DVDs at 8x, then all of a sudden I can only select a burn speed of 2.4x from within DVD Shrink?

Maybe my Nero demo expiring is the problem?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there Hexy, welcome to aD,

It certainly sounds like your burner slipped from it'sDMA mode to it's PIO mode. It happens every 6th time your drive experiences an error. Just check this link, it'll getyou squared away in no time -

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/IDE-DMA.mspx

Cheers,

Pete

3. Hexy

Hexy Member

Thanks Pete,

I guess I should have mentioned the plextor is connected via firewire, not sure this article applies., although i took a peek and everything is still using DMA.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hexy,

We'll have to lQQk elsewhere, the Nero proggy won't slow your burning down and neither will the firewire even thpough it's a "Tad" slower than a 2.0 USB, it's way fast enough to burn better than 2.4X.

Try checking for newer firmware and try frying with either CopyToDVD OR DVD Decrypter. set the burn speeds to either Max OR 4X. Adjust DVD Shrink accordingly -

NOTE: Don't forget to "un-tick" "Burn with Nero" under the I/O tab in "Preferences".

Pete

5. marengo

marengo Guest

Hexy, you didn't happen to change media did you? I had some TDK+R discs that were supposedly 4x but when i tried to burn w/ decrypter it only let me burn at 2.4x. They all came out fine though.