1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Oops

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by CdnNoob, Oct 17, 2004.

1. CdnNoob

CdnNoob Member

I am kind new to the whole DVD backing up scene. I have made about 7 successful burns with only 1 coaster so far, through following Scuba Steve guides (I thank you sir!!!)

But my problem is that I messed up one step in DVD Shrink, where I did not select the proper backup target ( I did not select ISO Image File and burn with DVD Decrypter ) but instead left it as "Create DVD files: burn to folder" so now I have a whole bunch of files that I really do not know what to do with.

I just backed up the DVD to my comp (which I usually do ok, when I back it up to ISO Image File, then I can just use DVD Decrypter to burn that to DVD+R) but now I am kinda lost as to how to burn those files/folder to a DVD+R.

I hope there is a way to burn these files to a DVD+R to make a playable DVD.

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You can use just about any standard burning app like Nero or RecordNow to burn the VIDEO_TS folder as data Make sure to burn the whole folder with the files in it :)

3. CdnNoob

CdnNoob Member

ok, so I just have to drag the folder with all the files in it, over to the DVD side of the window? and then hit burn?

4. CdnNoob

CdnNoob Member

Nope. ok answered my own question because it produced a coaster :(

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What software are you using?

6. CdnNoob

CdnNoob Member

i have nero but i really don't know what I am doing with it. I just dragged the whole folder over, and tried to burn it that way. Do I need to select the files in the folder and drag them all over to the cd?

Can someone provide a "play by play" of what I need to do?

Thanks.