1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink or DVD Decrypter to rip

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by niteowl8, Jun 15, 2003.

1. niteowl8

niteowl8 Guest

Is there any advantage to using DVD Decrypter to rip the DVD onto the hard drive prior to using DVD Shrink??

Or should I just let DVD Shrink handle the ripping process and the compression??

Thanks

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

No real advantage as far as im concerned. If you are using DVD Shrink V2.3, you'll be very happy with all aspects. Its slower than previous versions but far better quality.

3. icemannlv

icemannlv Member

I like to use DVD shrink 2.0 first then use dvd decrypter to burn it after nero converts it to the nrg image file. When i try to use dvd decrypter first then open shrink to compress it i always have errors never completed the shrink.

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Try DVD Shrink 2.3 then icemannlv , like Oriphus stated ... I think you'll be v.happy w/ it !
    Why are you converting to .nrg image file when all you need to do is in Nero...if using wizard
    DVD > Compile a DVD > Other DVD Formats > DVD Video > Finish
    Then click on red VIDEO_TS folder & drag n drop all VOB BUP IFO files into said folder...burn !!

DVD Decrypter supports my Pioneer 104 too but I dont find it to be as good as Nero because of speed limitations. I like to burn DVD Video @ X1 so as to get 100% realiability - perhaps 99.9% at least.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2003