1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink oversized the backup files

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Debelix, May 4, 2004.

1. Debelix

Debelix Member

Hi, everybody, I have a question about DVD Shrink.
    When I'm making back ups of my disk, I adjust the compression green bar to fit perfectly on cd size, without red colour to emerge, but after the 3-hour's compression (my machine cries for upgrade:)), then when I put new files into Nero,the files are oversizing the blank dvd?Why?I roamed through the forum, and read that encoding engine of DVDShrink has some "error" and it cannot precisely estimate the output size.Is it because of that or something other? The other programs I use are working fine, so I dont want to waste half a day re-compressing the files again with Shrink.So, why Shrink produces oversized back ups, when before that, the green bar shows that size perfectly fits on blank DVD?

2. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

I believe that 4464MB is the maximum setting for Shrink so the output files will fit on a blank DVD. Any amount larger will not fit when trying to burn. The reason why it isn't 4.7GB is b/c a PC recognizes everything in binary, so 1000MB is really 1024MB for the PC.

3. daba

daba Guest

Hi Debelix,

What do you mean when saying "I adjust the compression green bar" ? Did you change the DVD size (4464 MB by default) ? Or did you play with the compression ratio ?

You should left the compression to "automatic". If you run a deep analysis, Shrink will be accurate when compressing and will respect the expected size (4464 MB).

Cheers,

Daba