1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink plays slow motion in preview window

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by zapzap, Jan 26, 2005.

1. zapzap

zapzap Guest

I have been using Dvd Shrink for some months and now using the latest version. Everything was okay and I was 100% satisfied with the results. But recently a strange bug appeared - when trying to preview the recorded movie in the preview window of Dvd Shrink it is playing like in slow motion and even more strange - there is no sound. I ve tried everything, read all the forums, seems like nobody is having the similar problem. Did enable DMA access, reinstalled Dvd shrink and all other dvd software, nothing changed. It doesnt matter if I play movie from HDD or dvd - the bug remains. And no, I have no problems with sound anywhere else except Dvd Shrink. Maybe you guys have some ideas as to what could cause such a problem. It might seem no so important, because in Power Dvd or any other dvd player everything looks ok and the sound is present, but I wonder is such bug could influence the quality of Dvd Shrink compression, not sure but it seems to me that it degraded since this bug appeared. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Go to edit and click on preferences. Click on the preview tab. Try selecting VMR-7 on DirectX video renderer. I had the same problem when I first used shrink way back when. You can try them all to see what works the best for you. I chose VMR-7 because it seems to work the best for me and most people I spoke to about it. As for the sound, you'll see options for this right above the video renderer option, but you probably don't have to mess with it once you choose the right render option. Good luck.