1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink Prob

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rebel13, Mar 4, 2005.

1. rebel13

rebel13 Member

I have been using dvd shrink 3.1 for sometime now and recently when dvd shrink is done copying the files to my computer in backup mode it will not automatically switch to a screen that says insert the black disk. I just get a message that says dvd shrink is done burning. I've checked my settings and there is nothing that i could find to help me correct this problem. If anyone has any suggestions they would be much appriciated.

2. tmog

tmog Member

You meant 'Blank' disc?

3. bardie

bardie Regular member

In preferences tick the box what says 'Allow burning with Nero'
    That way when Shrink has finished Nero will take over automatically.
    You may like to update to Shrink 3.2 also.

4. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

You can also try to Backup you disk to your hard drive and open nero (enterprise edition) manually. Burn your disk from there. Thats the way i like to do it

5. rebel13

rebel13 Member

The problem is that i don't have nero burning software on my computer, the screen for insert a blank disk just automatically came up before. Is it possible that i just need to download the lastest version of DVD Shrink and reload it to my computer.

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

The latest version of dvd shrink is 3.2. Even this version has no burn engine. Dvd shrink uses dvd decrypter and nero as 2 of the most common burn engines to automatically pull them up and burn.

If you have no nero, Do you have dvd decrypter or another burning program?

7. gamename

gamename Regular member

decryptor,shrink,and nero.it doesnt get any better.its almost as easey as cruise control.

8. tmog

tmog Member

This guy is on target here!

9. rebel13

rebel13 Member

i have dvd decryptor, but how would i set it as my burn engine again. sorry i dunno to much, i never had a problem with it before.

10. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I'm not sure if you are backing up entire dvd or movie only. Here are some great guides from bbmayo's home page: http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

Open up dvd shrink like bardie posted,and make sure enable burning with nero is un-ticked.

After you hit the Backup tab on dvd shrink, You should scroll around on your "backup target selection">
    Scroll down till you get to ISO image file + burn with decrypter and click on that ISO image setting,recheck those backup option settings and click ok. It should encode for around 15 mins or so,then start burning.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005