1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by fmagee10, Aug 15, 2004.

1. fmagee10

fmagee10 Guest

I have burned about 30 dvds on a desktop and they all worked great. Then when I transfered the burner to a laptop, that was already equipped with dvd shrink and nero burning rom, they no longer burned. It says that I have succesfully backed up the DVD. When I try to play it, the DVD pops back out of the DVD player. Can anyone help?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Try removing and reinstalling Nero. Kinda sounds like Nero can't find the burner or if it has, for some reason the files are not making it to the disc. Check and see if anything at all has been written to the disc.

If this is an external burner, make sure it is connected to a USB 2.0 port, not a 1.1 port. Have you ever burned any movies with this particular laptop?

3. vans12

vans12 Regular member

try geting clonedvd2 I had the same problem then I got clonedvd2. Have not made a coster since.

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

fmagee, what you have should work fine. nero is the default burner for shrink. Are you using the newest shrink, 3.2? If not you should do so immediately, with the new quality settings and still image replacement the pics have improved vastly and you can now retain menu function.

I would do as frank suggests and reinstall both after a complete clean uninstall of both. In fact I would install Nero Ultra 6 which has a ton of programs designed to meet your every audio AND video need.

You can use the program for free as long as you want, it is good for the entire month of each month til you buy. It must be redownloaded every month also, but this will let you see what a good proggy it is. Make sure you load the update packs 1, 2, and 4. Do NOT load 3, ya don't need it and it sometimes causes problems.

The new shrink with Nero Ultra 6 is all you would ever need. As I said they compliment each other well.