1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jlbooth, Sep 26, 2004.

1. jlbooth

jlbooth Guest

Have completed using DVD Decrypter and Shrink without a glitch - Great.
    Now doing another one within hours of having done the first successful one and it now it is stalling.
    This time around, it does the DVD Decruypter part beautifully
    (have not changed any settings from the first time around as far as I know),
    but when I start Shrink and it gets to the encoding screen, it says
    "DVD Shrink encounted an error and cannot continue"
    "Copy Protection Error"
    "The request can not be performed because of an I/O device error"

Both discs are copy protected and in the DVD Decyrpter software, I had ticked the remove protection.

Any suggestions pls.

JB

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

*moved*

3. cynthia_

cynthia_ Regular member

Uncheck in Shrink preferences "burn with Nero". Could also try to update your Nero.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

jlbooth,

In DVD Decryptor, "Tools", "Settings", Then choose either "File Mode" OR "ISO Mode" (whatever you're using) then "Tick" "Remove PUO's" and retry your rip -

Cheers,

Pete

5. jlbooth

jlbooth Guest

Thank you for your response, but it is now fixed and I have done the backups I wanted.
    I am in australia and the Region code is 4. When I first started up the software, I saw that Region Code 1 was selected and later (when I put in my disc), 4 came up.
    Before I did the additonal backups, I changed region code back to 1 - I should have left well enough alone - the software knew what it was doing, which is more than I can say for me.
    I think this mistake on my part was done in DVD Encrypt but only picked up in Shrink.

However the error message left me totally in the dark, and I wish that error messages were more precise, but really for the cost of the prog and the fantasic way it works, it is extreme value anyway.

Thank you again for your help.

6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

We're glad you're burning -

That's the important thing -

Stop back, don't be a stranger, you're Welcome even if you don't have problems to solve -

You can just "Hang out" and read some, improve your knowledge, help others if you can spot their problem, 3 heads are better than 2 (said the Cyclops) Or hang out in the "Safety Valve" a forum for gossiping about anything under the sun :)

Check de place out, you just might find something that'll interest you -

Me ? Hey I'll be over there, out from under that broiling sun, under the "Potted" Palm, right next to the water cooler. Just chewin' the fat and waiting for the next Newbie who needs a bit "O" help - Stop by and say "Howdy" -

See ya,

Pete

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

jbooth, you hit on a good point. Unfortunately one of shrink's biggest problems is catch all error messages. In that it doesn't give out specifics, only generalizations, which makes it hard to diagnose, especially via forum. One message could mean 20 different things gone awry.

But, as you mentioned, it is free and a really good program, so i guess we can put up with that if we have to,lol. ;>)