1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by deltachi, Dec 17, 2004.

1. deltachi

deltachi Guest

Hi. Here is the hardware / software list.
    P4 CPU 3gh 800fsb with 512mb mem, 16X dvd dual layer dvd (made in china). OS windows 2000 with all the patches applied. Directx 9c installed. DVD shrink 3.2 Nero oem.

During a dvd shrink backup process the system resets itself. This happens during a dvd shrink process. The DVD shrink analysis is ok.

Tried burning a cd with nero oem works. Couldn't test the dvd burning.

Please help. Thank you.

2. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Your using alot of cpu power, it might overheating. Do you have cpu temps?

3. deltachi

deltachi Guest

CPU temp is at 77 F. Is this normal? Thanks

4. slmh1296

slmh1296 Guest

welcome deltachi 77f is great but is this the temp while dvd shrink is running or is it at idle because thier is a big difference and is this the inside case temp or for sure the cpu core temp.either way its a fine temp.just for kicks take the side panel off the computer amybe even put a floor fan blowing in the open case see what happins i agree with rroettger it might be cpu temps happend on my friends rig. we added some extra case fans got the temp down works great.alot of things are running and building heat when your backing up.it really works your system let us know how it goes good luck.

5. slmh1296

slmh1296 Guest

welcome deltachi 77f is great but is this the temp while dvd shrink is running or is it at idle because thier is a big difference and is this the inside case temp or for sure the cpu core temp.either way its a fine temp.just for kicks take the side panel off the computer maybe even put a floor fan blowing in the open case see what happins i agree with rroettger it might be cpu temps happend on my friends rig. we added some extra case fans got the temp down works great.alot of things are running and building heat when your backing up.it really works your system let us know how it goes good luck.

6. slmh1296

slmh1296 Guest

really sorry about the double post my bad

7. deltachi

deltachi Guest

Thanks for the advise. How would you be able to tell the temp? I check the cmos setup and don't have access to it when win2K loads. Thank you again.

8. rroettger

rroettger Regular member