1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink problem -

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ahninmd, Feb 28, 2005.

1. ahninmd

ahninmd Member

1st problem:
    I have used Shrink for over a year now. Recently I have noticed an entirely inexplicableproblem: I use version 3.2 to "backup" the entire disk. Then burn it on to a DVD-R. When playing it on a set top dvd player, at random times a black and white set of frames of a completely differet source (I have no idea what it is) show up as if there entirely different content on the disk! I fast forward a few times and the original picks up. Has anyone had any problem like this?

2nd problem:
    On my new Abit KV7 and AMD-XP-3000+, using win XP, shrink says it will take over 2000 hours to complete!!! DVD player is fine (usning Nvidia DVD player all content is displyed normally and correct speed). Any suggestions??

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

1st problem: Is this with one movie in particular or all that you try?

2nd problem: Have you tried reinstalling Shrink? Is the Current Transfer Mode for all your drives set to DMA?

3. ahninmd

ahninmd Member

The 1st problem has happened only a couple of times. I have some hunch as to what it might be. A few times in the past my Hard Disk became "unreadable" after some shrinking. When I ran CHKDSK (occurs on rebooting) there were several problems associated with the VIDEO_TS folders of several movies. My suspicion is that Windows has somehow "mixed up" 2 movies.

On problem 2: I have not reinstalled Shrink. I am running Win XP and I have not checked the DMA settings. PLease recommend if I should set DMA.

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

ahninmd ,
    You can check DMA by going into the Device manager and look under IDE ATA/ Controllers> Secondary IDE Channel and see if the burner is in DMA. If in PIO change it then re-boot and check again. If it changes again into PIO then uninstall the Secondary IDE channel and re-boot and let windows find it again.

The Vob problem could be fixed by deleting all of the vob files on the HD if you think they got mixed up. Then do 1 movie at a time and after it is done then delete the files you used to make the movie. I have a folder on my desktop that I call Rip Movies and the Shrink files go into that folder. After checking the burned disk I then delete the files. Then I do the next movie