1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by azza004, Apr 2, 2005.

1. azza004

azza004 Member

hello, im trying to back up my own dvds and im having trouble with DVD Shrink. I use dvd decrypter first and have no problems with that. When i try backup the video through dvd shrink the program always freezes when it's in the encoding process. Is there a another program like DVD Shrink i could use? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks in advance

2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey azza004,

You can also use Nero Recode 2, this is the equivalent of DVD Shrink. Other than that, if the movie is under the size requirements to burn onto a dvd, you don't need to use shrink to encode it. You can just burn the image straight to DVD. Except, if you are trying to take certain things out like subtitle language and such!

Hope this helps!

;)

3. recondo

recondo Guest

4. azza004

azza004 Member

right now im trying to backup "the day after tomorrow" and freezes. I have had problems with other dvd titles and sometimes they end up working. The image about 7gig so i need to obviously shrink it. Ill try nero recode 2. thanks for the guide ill read them now.

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Sometimes freezing during the encoding process is a sign of to many resources being in use on your computer. Make sure you disable any virus protection programs, screensavers and other programs running in the background. Don't use your pc for anything else during the process. Can you tell us about your system? Details are very helpful, Processor, OS, Amount of RAM and HDD capacity. The make and model of your drives, What anti-virus program do you use?

When you go to the webpage listed by recondo, tell me what you think of those bubbles. Hehe I put em there. I find them fun for about 5 seconds so they may go away soon if I can talk Pete out of them, he kinda likes them.

6. recondo

recondo Guest

I kinda like the bubbles.

7. azza004

azza004 Member

8. recondo

recondo Guest

Thank you very much , Im glad to be of assistance Scubapete,Venoom and the rest of you are very bright people.

Thank You!

9. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

No problem...that's what we are all here for!

;)