1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Danimal7, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Danimal7

Danimal7 Member

Everytime i select a file on my hard drive to be put onto dvd shrink it comes up with an error saying it cannot find the specified file. ive tried it many time it different locations and it will not work, could it be a vista problem?

2. SDempsey

SDempsey Member

HI

Ensure that the file you are trying to SHRINK is an iso file,as far as I am aware shrink wont open any other type.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

That is not rue at all it wil open your Video_TS files (VOBs)
    What method are you using to get your files onto your hard drive? Also what movie is this you are trying to backup? You may need to run those files through FixVTS if it is a newer movie.

4. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Danimal7

If you're trying to get shrink to open/read an ISO image file, you can't use the open files tab, goto: file-->open disk image

Browse to where the ISO is located and click open/ok.

If you're trying to get shrink to open video files (.vob, .ifo, .bup) located in a folder...

Make sure the video files are located in a folder named VIDEO_TS (if not, rename it), choose open files and browse to the VIDEO_TS folder, choose it and click ok/open.

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Johnl123

Damn! I've been trying to figure out how to open video_ts file in Shrink for months. I had heard it was possible. It's the renaming of the file to video_ts that's the key. Thanks man, I learn something new almost daily here.

6. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

@garmoon

Make sure it's the folder that gets re-named not a file, and VIDEO_TS should be in upper case.

There is one other way I didn't mention that doesn't involve renaming the folder. Run shrink, choose open files, browse to where the video files are located (locate the folder containing the files), inside the folder locate the VIDEO_TS.IFO file, choose/highlight that file and click open/ok.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2007
  7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@johnl123
    noted. That's even easier. Thanks buddy.