1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bkinley, Mar 16, 2007.

1. bkinley

bkinley Member

I'm trying to backup The Holiday. I get the VOB files onto my computer using Decrypter with AnyDVD. THen use FixVTS. When I try to use shrink it stops and reports there is not enough memory. There is no way I do not have enough memory. Does anyone know what the problem could be.

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Try a different ripper to see if it has anything to do with the ripped files. I'll suggest RipIt4Me since you already have Shrink and Decrypter installed. I would anyway. With RipIt4Me use the 1 Click mode and let it do the complete processing job. It incorporates the FixVTS code, so no need to go over it with that. DVDFab Decrypter is another option. Here's a quick "how to" on using RipIt4Me with Shrink to transcode and ImgBurn as the burner.
    http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/TheGuides/pacman777guide.pdf

3. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

@bkinley

You could also try having DVD decrypter rip in ISO read mode, once done have shrink open the ISO file created by DVD decrypter (goto: file-->open disk image...to open the file), then use shrink in reauthor mode to backup just the main movie or you could try an do a full backup.

DVDFab decrypter is another alternative as suggested by Pac (it free), if you decide to try it, disable anydvd from running in the backround while using it or they will conflict with eachother. The link to DVDFab is provided below.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

John is right. Not just AnyDVD though, any background decryption software like AnyDVD has a tendency to mess up DVD Fab. Plus with a number of new releases the output is rendered non compliant by the copy protection and the method of decryption with AnyDVD. On occasion even the DVDFab output has had to be processed for compliance. With programs like DVD Shrink there's been serious problems doing recent backups with AnyDVD (for the heavier sony protection). Slysoft appears to keep AnyDVD working with CloneDVD though. The main reason I suggest RipIt4Me is because it incorporates the FixVTS code and does the complete processing job during one process in the 1-Click mode (instead of needing to do it with different programs). Plus, the output from RipIt4Me is compliant and can be used with any program.

I forgot to mention. Working with ISO files can be a problem with some of the releases. The files need to be processed for compliance and the individual files aren't accessible to programs like FixVTS and VobBlanker if they're enclosed in an ISO. Doing movie only does eliminate copy protection though, that's usually placed in other parts of the DVD. So, going with ISO can be a hit or miss proposition and often limits to movie only.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2007