1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DvD Shrink Problems and Nero 7

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by sylexiel, Jan 13, 2008.

1. sylexiel

sylexiel Member

I've been backing up years now with no problem.. I have 2 burners a nec 16 dual format

and I recently bought a lg 20x lightscribe (as my slave). I always burn my movies at 4x

last week for no reason at all, all my burners have stopped burning at 4x and up. the will only burn at 1x-2.4x. I have wiped my drive, uninstalled, reinatalled nero7. and after one successful burn, it goes back to the same problem. i am running and amd 64 athon 2800+ 1 gb of ram. and again .. i have never had a problem with nero until now. also.. when i try to burn an dvd image project (straight thru nero 7) i am having the same problem... i did try it iwt nero 8 and it did not work. i thinks it'e s the drives causing this.. is there amyone out there who knows how to handle this problem?

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

3. sylexiel

sylexiel Member

I did check the ifo of the link and my contrillers were spot on... is there anything else that would make my burners maximum speed 2.4x?

4. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Too full a HDD?
    New discs that are not rated for more than 2.4x ( in reality. Missprinted 4x or higher, not your fault, but unscrupulous disk makers)?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008
  5. sylexiel

sylexiel Member

no... these are standard dvd's 4.7gb .. the problem i think are the drives making nero 7 maxium burn speed 2.4x.. 2 weeks ago i had a choice up to 20x... this week i don't have that choice to select

6. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Are you trying to select the burn speed before or after insrting the blank media inyour burner?

7. sylexiel

sylexiel Member

no... when i am ready to back up the dvd.. in shrink you can slect to burn speed in the far right tab. i have always had mine set at 4x... no for no reason that i can think of.. it only says maxium. when i hit the drop down.. my only other options are 2.4x, 2.x and 1x. this is with the disk already in the drive and ready.

8. sylexiel

sylexiel Member

i posted this on another thread.. i forgot a few details:

I am having a similar problem.. my cd burning is fine.. but dvd are limited to 2.4x and down. i've always burned at 4x with my nec drive and my lg when i got it over a month ago. actually.. when i first got the drive.. i only used it as a cd burner (with lightscribe) then my nec started acting up. so i used my lg a few times.. then my lg stated doing the same thing as my nec..(only burning at speeds 2.4x and slower

9. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Try reinstalling the burners drivers.