1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvd Shrink problems- Crc and such

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by gravityg, Jan 26, 2005.

1. gravityg

gravityg Member

got the newest dvdd and shrink. Been using the combo for years- rip in dvdd, shrink if i need to and finish with dvdd.

Now however- when attempting to backup collateral, dvdd reads it, backs it up, np.
    DVD shrink on the other hand, cannot backup the damn iso to save it's life.

it always fails with a crc error- which seems mightly weird- considering it's analyzing from an iso on the HD, NOT from a disc.

I'm confused here folks- help me out.

2. opticwire

opticwire Member

i have nearly the same problem but with friday night lights, and since people with these problems plaugue the forums, no one answers our threads. i get stuck on 5% on FNL everytime using shrink. i backed up collateral last night, make sure you have anydvd running in the background, if you have not downloaded i recommend doing so, but if certain movies such as FNL even with anydvd running, it still doesnt work, but i successfully did collateral. good luck..

3. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

Your best bet to get these is to rip in file mode in decrypter and not ISO. For some reason, ISOs give shrink fits.

4. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

I have never had a problem doing it that way, including burning Collateral!!!

5. luv2burn

luv2burn Guest

Iv been trying to back up FNL also and it will not work. I tried it with decrypter and its works just fine except that the iso file size is 8+ gigs and shrink just freezes when I try to load it there to shrink it

6. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

I'm glad that you're so lucky. But from all of the threads i've read, and my eperiences with Decrypter, more success comes from opening VOB files in shrink than from opening an ISO. Just my observation.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  7. Veblin

Veblin Active member

I have to agree with [bold]zippyd[/bold].

DVD Shrink will often get CRC Errors or Out of Memory Errors when opening ripped ISO Disc Image Files. This seems to be caused by disc's that have multiple angles or wide and full screen versions combined.

These errors are usually not seen as often when opening ripped files.

I know I have helped 3 people this week who were having these problems when opening a ISO created by DVD Decrypter and the problem was solved by instead opening files created by DVD Decrypter.