1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Problems - Invalid Navigation Structure

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by JoeLocks, Jul 14, 2011.

1. JoeLocks

JoeLocks Member

Hello
    Ive been trying to extract some videos from a playable DVD in DVD Shrink 3.2 and every time I try to open the disc in the programme an error message appears saying it was unable to do so due to "Invalid DVD Navigation Structure". Has anyone else had this problem and know how to get around it. Or is it simple a write-off? Any help will be greatly appriciated.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Generally that message would indicate that there were files missing in the VIDEO_TS folder.
    Is this a commercial movie disk or a burned disk.
    Need more details.

3. Ruraltexan

Ruraltexan Member

Having the same problem. I have two computers running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. Both have the same version of DVDShrink and Slysoft Virtual Clone Drive. The laptop can load the iso from the clone drive and process it. The desktop can't load the movie. I get the error "Invalid DVD Navigation Structure". Both computers have identical settings in the programs. I have reinstalled both DVD Shrink and Virtual Clone drive with the same results. The movie is a copy of a movie I own.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

Try using an up to date ripper. A copy protection scheme has duped shrink so it can't find all the files (because it is looking in the wrong place for them). You need to rip with defab (free) then run it through shrink. Shrink hasn't been up dated in what 7-10 yrs.

5. smscott06

smscott06 Member

Commercial movie disk