1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink problems

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by babelfish, Jan 28, 2004.

1. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

I NEED HELP!

i have burn 2 discs now that half way thru have scenes from other movies in them! example: i was watching daredevil the other day and about 15 mins in i got a 5 sec clip from one film then another 10 min clip from a totally diff film again!

i was using 3.12 dvdshrink and nero to burn (5.5something)

any ideas why this is happening.... to my knowledge its only happened 2 times now but this basically means i cant trust any backups i make until i see the whole film!

i also cant see how its happening as the 2 'spliced' films had been deleted from the PC a couple of weeks before!

2. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

hmmm

just been looking at the laptop i ripped em on and the files arent spliced at all! so somewhere between sending them to the machine with the burner on and burning they get spliced... im guessing its a strange nero issue as it must cache parts of files whilst burning!

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi babalfish, Thats a new problem. Don't know if this will help or applies. I read that someone was deleteing movie files when done with them but wasn't getting his HD space back. I think the problem was his Anti-virus program was cacheing his files and storing them. Once he cleared that, he got the HD space back. Maybe something like that is happening for you and the files are being spliced somehow. Just a guess since I haven't heard of that before. Keep us informed on what you find.
    Jerry

4. askyew

askyew Regular member

You are right about that jerry once again. If you are using Norton utilities it has a protected recycle bin that you have to tell it to empty to get rid of deleted items. Until you empty the protected bin it still takes up the hdd space after you delete.

5. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

that machine has norton antivirus corp network whatsit on it (pile of **** it is!) but when we delete files it frees up space fine!

its a powerful machine running on win98 (so its easy to connect to via our large network)

im

6. babelfish

babelfish Regular member

i always shift delete tho... and its not norton utils (shudder) its just norton antivirus corp.

7. enigmafy

enigmafy Member

Try making specific folders for each movie before encoding with DVD Shrink...

Try unsellecting caching in Nero under the Misc tab... otherwise:

I had a similar problem, my hard drive was not deleting old content properly.. and storing info after it reached a capicity of 97GB.

Did this only start happening recently after your hard drive reached a certain capacity?
    Do you have an oversized hard drive (larger than 120GB)

If so you need to do the following:

1. Make sure you have the latest service patch for windows xp .

2. If it still does not work you may need a specific driver for you hard drive located @ company's home page. (maxtor is known to have a specific driver for its large drives).

3. If this still does not work... if your mother board comes with 4 IDE slots stick your hard drive on an IDE ribbon of slot 1 or 2... not 3 or 4.

Hope this helps... I had a similar problem and the last sollution was my problem (I had it on slot 3 or 4 which is for hard drives only... but it had a problem with oversized hard drives).

Last edited: Jan 29, 2004