1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD SHRINK PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by thejaffx, Dec 14, 2007.

1. thejaffx

thejaffx Member

Lately when i try to back up ( doesnt matter if it is a new movie or older )dvd shrink will get file reallocation errors while running any dvd in the background. If i use ripit4me then it utilizes shrink with no problem. Can anyone tell me why? Other methods do not seem to work either...just this one.confused....

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Redownload and reinstall your AnyDVD 6.3.0.0.

3. syxguns

syxguns Active member

thejaffx-
    try what bilbo65 suggested, that may solve the problem. Also in case you are not aware, AnyDVD includes a ripper. Right click the little fox head and tell it to Rip Files To Harddrive... Sometimes DVD Shrink will get errors if it is working with the files directly.

RI4M only uses DVD Shrink to Analyze the movie. You do not have to shrink the film. That is a decision that you do on your own. When I used Shrink, I would always send the files through VobBlanker first. Even if I ripped with RI4M.

Another ripper that you can use is DVDFab HD Decrypter. Most of the time AnyDVD doesn't have a problem, but every once in a while it does. You can download that program here: http://dvdfab.com/free.htm

Good luck and I hope that solves your problem.