1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink problems

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by dollysmom, Jan 6, 2008.

1. dollysmom

dollysmom Member

Can someone please help me! I am having shrink problems. It keeps saying it cant find the file and now saying the volume for a file has been extremely altered so the opened file is no longer valid. I/O overlap operation in process, INvalid Data file,and several Fail to open errors. HELP! MY GAWD is anyone else having this many problems. I completely eliminated the DVD Decrypt and the Shrink, Reinstalled them reset all the setting per the guide in DVDPLUS.com per Scuba Pete instruction. What the heck! I cant copy a thing! I have spent 2 days on this dang thing!
    I appreciate the help. I have a dog dying of cancer right now. I dont have the time or patience or strength for this right now. If anyone, is willing to call me, I'd call you on my cell if you'd be willing to walk me through this!
    You would not even have to pay for the call. My email is removed if your willing to try to help. THANK YOU
    Woman in tears here.

I also need a step by step instruction on these (folders) in petesguide. the Ripped files and VIDEO_TS files WHERE DO I PUT THESE and how. I have audio and video files all over the place and it still cannot file the file after the decryt works. I only have Disc drive.
    dollysmom

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Backing up DVDs takes time and patience. There is a lot to learn. There are many excellent guides here. You should take the time to read them. If you cannot, perhaps you should take a break from this and come back to it when things are settled down. Mistakes will be made. The experts here have made mistakes also. That's part of the learning. When you're ready things will flow smoothly.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  3. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@dollysmom
    No emails addresses allowed - spam bots just love 'em :)
    Post edited & removed.

5. dollysmom

dollysmom Member

6. dollysmom

dollysmom Member

Thank you, your probably right, I even went out and bought a copy program, Same error different wording. It said C:\document1\owner\1\temp\were096.dr001dvdshrink32exemdmp then another same error except dvd shrink appcomattxt

7. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

8. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Where did you acquire this particular version of Shrink?

EDIT: grammar and spelling.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  9. dollysmom

dollysmom Member

First of all I want to apologize for not seeing the "rules" first,
    I apologize folks,
    Then, thank you for the help on the volume error. That solved the problem and now this DVD Shrink problem has started.
    This version was down loaded off dvdplusvideo.com, Scuba Pete's instruction guide, and seemed to be working fine, AFter the first of the year, seemed like overnight, shrink would not back up. It recognized the files, and picked the folder. This is a not -so new movie and is not a disney or rented, or one you would expect a problem. Its my copy of"An unfinished life". (hope its ok to say name)
    I was not using the DVD FAB HD Decrypter not Imgburn, I was using DVD Decrupter, Shrink and burning with the Decrypter. I will uninstall the old shrink, install DVD FAB HD Decrypter, install new shrink off your website and update my Imgburn to use..Thank you and again, IM sorry,,,Sincerely appreciate the help.

10. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

dollysmom every-things cool don't worry about it. you're on the right track do a clean reinstall of dvd shrink then use your programs in this order

1. dvdfab decrypter to rip
    2. then sometimes you will need to use fixvts to clean the file before dvd shrink can transcode it without problems.
    3. dvd shrink to transcode
    4. imgburn to burn to a blank dvd

using this method you won't need dvd decrypter unless you want to use it as a burning engine in place of imgburn either one is good

all freeware

heres a good guide also

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

11. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Stating the title of the movie is more than ok, it's recommended. Some movies have tougher encryptions than others so knowing the title helps out quite a bit.

Just use the solid advice laid out by Zoso and you should be fine.

12. dollysmom

dollysmom Member

Wow, Zosoiv: THANK YOU
    That is the best guide, being a newbie I have ever used. Pictures.
    Seems I have been placing those dang folders everyone else tells you to make but dont explain WHERE to put them were being put in the wrong place. I have video_ts folders everywhere TEEHEE But Now, First time, followed the pictures in the guide, Used the DVD FAB, Shrink and the FIxVTS, and IMGburn worked perfect, ONce I put the folders in the right place and used the FIXVTS to monitor this movie. Toughest one yet! Thank you sooo much!, this website is great. Now. onto more important things like my yorkie and her cancer surgery.
    Thanks again
    dollysmom :)

13. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Regular member

great glad it worked out bookmark the guides for future use. remember to delete the folders after your done so you won't get confused next time. good luck with the dog

14. dollysmom

dollysmom Member

Done Deal!

bless you!
    Dollysmom