1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink probs !!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by clemo, Mar 25, 2005.

1. clemo

clemo Member

ive been using dvd shrink now for a fair while with no probs , ive been soooo easy to use just open disk , encode , then just back up etc etc , but now ive bought a new pc and its all gone mad, when i open the disk and it starts to encode it , it encodes the film no problem but when i come to back it up and select my target device my dvd burner is not listed when i use the drop down menu its says make image of disc and hard disk folder , now why wont my dvd burner be listed as it used to before on my old pc this is very irritating as i use to love using shrink but now i cant seem to back up dvds as easy as i use to tried this dvd decrypter but cant seem to get on with it as good, any ideas please it would be a big help.
    many thanks shaun

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Shrink will not write to any DVD. It just doesn't have that capability.

Now what you probably used to do is burn with Either Nero, Decrypter, or Copy2DVD. Do you have any of those programs loaded on your new system?

Shrink needs one of those to be able to burn directly to your DVDRW drive :)

3. clemo

clemo Member

thanks for your reply , yeh i have nero and dvd decrypter on my system what i actaully mean is when i open up shrink then try to press back up is doesnt actaully list my dvd drive to select when i want to back it up any ideas why it doesnt list it ?

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

These are the options you should have.. Are you saying you don't have these options?

[​IMG]

5. clemo

clemo Member

thanks for the reply again, yeh the one thats missing is the name of my dvd writer drive, its just not there,ive looked into it more and when i open up nero it says that my dvd writer is not available i asked for more info and it says that i can only use this version of nero that came bundled with my dvd writer and this version of nero wasnt but it was with my old one if you get me lol, so i am wondering if because i open up shrink and i enable burning with nero and nero doesnt reconise my dvd drive then thats why it wont open up when i press back up to burn

6. smilecme

smilecme Member

A friend of mine is having the same problem that you are talking about. The way we fix his for the moment is, Everytime he wants to burn he has to reinstall nerp and then his burner will show up as a target to burn to. He has to do this everytime he wants to burn a DVD. I havent figure out why this is happening yet but that is how he is solving it

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member