1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Question

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by UkRebel, Mar 27, 2005.

1. UkRebel

UkRebel Member

Just a quick question - When you load a film and open it in dvdshrink it goes through a quick analasis to determin the size of the film on the disk and % of shrink, also when you do deep analasis.If you take the film out and put it back in to the computer it does not need to analise the disk again so the information must be stored on your computer somewhere, i would like to know how to delete this info to free up my computer after backing up a film, if you back up a few films does this take up much space on computer ? not a very interesting question but would be nice to know lol

2. Daemon404

Daemon404 Regular member

Not quite sure what you taling about. It seems to re-anylise the disc every tiem i put mine. Anyway, if it does store it, then it can't be takign up very much HDD space.

3. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

Hi Rebel,
    Well thats news to me. Even after backingup a DVD to hard drive and then making a backup from the hard drive, Shrink runs an analasis of the files. As far as I know, all the info from the analasis is lost once you close out the program.
    HW.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Hello UKRebel: I believe you are wanting to to get rid of those "quick" analysis. They are probably in a hidden folder on your main hard drive:This is for xp home,not sure what you have but may be close.

My computer
    Harddisk- the main one in case you have more than 1
    Documents & settings
    All users
    Application data.

If you don't see the dvd shrink folder,then it is hidden,do the following on the same page as application data is on:

Tools
    folder options
    veiw

This will show "advanced settings". simply scroll till you get to show hidden folders,tick this. Apply and ok, then get to application data again and it should show dvd shrink,open it up and you'll see all the small folders for the analysis to get rid of the ones you want.
    [bold] They are very small,like 5-15 kbs[bold]

I leave that show hidden files ticked all the time,so I can get rid of the older ones from time to time. Once you eliminate these,if you do the same dvd later on,it will do the quick analysis.

Hope this helps, Later

5. UkRebel

UkRebel Member

Hey Cheers Guys, Saugmon you answered my question does this work for Windows ME my operating system on my PC ? on my laptop at moment so cant try it yet.
    I knew they could not take up much space but nice to clear out every now and again hey

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

It should be pretty close on ME. I learned most of my very little computer knowledge on ME, and pretty much the same on everything I do on XP Home,lol

Just open up the hidden files,if you have that in your tools.
    Good Luck!

7. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Sigs looking good there saugmon!

:)

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Thanks venom, still can't see any motion out of her. ddp has it narrowed down to a modem problem. You can get almost any pc related issues resolved here at AD. No better place to be at.

9. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Damn right...LOL!!!

I am seeing it move it @ss off though!

But hopefully, it looks better when the modem gets fixed!

;)