1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD SHRINK QUESTIONS?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Boyd100, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Boyd100

Boyd100 Guest

I used the dvd shrink tool and I got the files I wanted and placed them in a folder for later. I used my software Nero Express to add my files to my DVD-R and did a complete burn at 2x speeds. I went to put disc into my APEX Dvd player and I get the error message (WRONG REGION) I guess what am I doing wrong and how do I fix the problem? I live in the USA that would be Region 1? Help Please

Boyd

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Are you using the latest version of DVDShrink? If so there is an option before re-encoding the movie which allows you to choose the region but it is set to 'all regions' as default. Even the 1.03 version of Shrink gives you a region option so be careful what you select. It is also better to use Nero full rather than Express for burning.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

4. Boyd100

Boyd100 Guest

I have downloaded the new version of dvd shrink and i am in the process of encoding the movie all over. It works new Version of DVD Shrink and Nero Burning Rom. I can not register the nero disk I have or it change my whole nero program. i have Finally burned a thrid disk and all is GREAT. Thanks for the help.

Boyd100

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2003
  5. Tosca

Tosca Guest

I've noticed that if you check off all the regions (region free)then that disc will be rendered unuseable on the computer (I've tried it on power dvd xp and media player), but will play in a standalone...

when using dvd shrink 1.3 that is...

Go figure...

6. HomerJ

HomerJ Moderator Staff Member

I use Smartripper to rip the movie first (this removes the region element) Then use DVDshrink.

No problem.

HomerJ