1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink/re-author a film with standard subtitles ?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by shady76, Mar 11, 2004.

1. shady76

shady76 Member

Hi all

I need to back up my dvd collection,but only want to back up the main movie.If I do this on a film that contains subtitles as standard will the subtitles come out onto the copy or will they be in the extras section ? thus meaning i'll have to find them and add them manually ?

co's ive just done movie only back up of lion king 3,and there's a part where they start singing whith subtitles up,only the subtitles arent there!

the main movie contained
    title 33 2,908mb
    title 33(angle2) 2,909mb
    title 34 2,908mb
    title 34(angle2) 2,909mb

i backed up title 33 and 34.Do you think the subtitles might be in with the 2 angle versions ? as they are 1mb larger a piece ?

any info is much appreciated.

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Hey shady76,
    Subtitles are stored in VOBs, but whether they are in those VOBs or not I can't tell without looking.
    Open the DVD using DVD Shrink and then click on the angle2 VOB, now press play in the view window. Slide (fast forward) to the singing and see if the subtitles are there.
    There is also a few guides here that may help... http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/subtitle_guide.htm
    They should point you in the right direction.
    Adder.

3. shady76

shady76 Member

I copied the two angle versions,but still no joy.If i open a vob should it actually say subtitle's ? or where best would be to look ?

regards shady

4. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

As Adder01 said, use shrink, this program will help alot. It will get you your subtiles without guessing.

5. shady76

shady76 Member

Ok i now uderstand its inperitive to use the little player on shrink when re authoring.Problem is when i play a file on it only the sound comes through,no picture, is this something i have to download extra like a compatible player or something ? all there is at the moment is a big gap,so i can see straight through to my desk top picture!

whats gone wrong ?