1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink reallocation failed

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by prodigebo, Mar 2, 2007.

1. prodigebo

prodigebo Member

So, this is a new problem for me. I have always just used shrink or dvd decryptor, and everything has been fine, until this new copy right stuff. i was looking onto forums here, and everyone mentioned dvdfab. i download it, run a dvd through it, and it works fine, so I am left with a 7 gig or whatever video file. When i open the files into shrink, it WILL shrink the files fine, but in the end at 100% complete, i will get the following msg... "burn error: DVD-Video files reallocation failed!" and i get the log which is at the end of this msg. So i go ahead and ignore the msg, fire up NERO and burn the dvd with no problems. However, once the DVD is complete, my dvd-rom in my computer will NOT recognize the dvd, and I will get a 'no play" in my dvd players, except a high-end one that plays anything. Any ideas as to why this is happening and or a solution? Thanks so much.
    p.s. this has happened with other new movies other than just saw 3, so i know it's not the movie necessailry, but that something else might be going on.

1C82-0000-19E5-MAAX-4007-3938-****

Windows XP 5.1
    IA32
    WinAspi: File 'Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=4.71 (0001), size=45056 bytes, created 5/28/2003 6:53:46 PM
    ahead WinASPI: File 'C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Core\Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=2.0.1.74, size=164112 bytes, created 11/2/2004 12:54:32 PM

NT-SPTI used
    Nero API version: 7.5.1.1
    Using interface version: 6.3.1.4
    Installed in: C:\Program Files\Nero\Nero 7\Core\
    Application: ahead\Nero - Burning Rom
    Internal Version: 7, 5, 1, 1

Recorder: <HP DVD Writer 640c> Version: QS12 - HA 1 TA 0 - 7.5.1.1
    Adapter driver: <IDE> HA 1
    Drive buffer : 2048kB
    Bus Type : default (0) -> ATAPI, detected: ?

=== Scsi-Device-Map ===
    DiskPeripheral : ST3200822A nvatabus Port 0 ID 0 DMA: Off
    CdRomPeripheral : HP DVD Writer 640c nvatabus Port 0 ID 2 DMA: Off
    CdRomPeripheral : ASUS CD-S480/AH nvatabus Port 0 ID 3 DMA: Off
    CdRomPeripheral : QZ7505C SBV341K 1.0 aqv42mye Port 1 ID 0 DMA: Off

=== CDRom-Device-Map ===
    ASUS CD-S480/AH E: CDRom1
    HP DVD Writer 640c G: CDRom0
    QZ7505C SBV341K K: CDRom2
    =======================

AutoRun : 1
    Excluded drive IDs:
    WriteBufferSize: 83886080 (0) Byte
    BUFE : 0
    Physical memory : 959MB (982384kB)
    Free physical memory: 405MB (415580kB)
    Memory in use : 57 %
    Uncached PFiles: 0x0
    Use Inquiry : 1
    Global Bus Type: default (0)
    Check supported media : Disabled (0)

NeroAPI
    1:51:04 AM #1 Phase 112 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 282
    DVD-Video files reallocation started

1:51:04 AM #2 DVDREALLOC -24 File DVDVideoCompilation.cpp, Line 1294
    One or more files (mostly VOB file(s)) do not belong to the corresponding IFO file

1:51:04 AM #3 Phase 115 File APIProgress.cpp, Line 282
    DVD-Video files reallocation failed

1:51:04 AM #4 Text 0 File NeroAPIBurnFS.cpp, Line 218
    Failed to realloc DVD video files

Existing drivers:
    File 'Drivers\CDRALW2K.SYS': Ver=8.0.0.212 , size=2560 bytes, created 8/24/2006 9:47:00 PM
    File 'Drivers\ASPI32.SYS': Ver=4.71 (0001), size=17005 bytes, created 5/28/2003 6:53:46 PM
    File 'Drivers\PXHELP20.SYS': Ver=3.00.33a, size=36528 bytes, created 10/3/2006 11:21:48 AM (Prassi/Veritas driver for win 2K)

Registry Keys:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon\AllocateCDROMs : 0 (Security Option)

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The trademark of the new copy protections is leaving VTS errors that will mess with the recording process. Try RipIt4Me and use the 1-Click process to let the program fully process the files for copy protection and compliance. I've not gotten the reallocation warnings since I started using the program. http://www.ripit4me.org is the homsite where you can get everything you need. Or use these links to check out the all in one installer, the site, the download and ImgBurn download.
    http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=aioinstallers&showtopic=7

RipIt4Me AIO
    http://www.snapdrive.net/files/60656/download/AIO_v3.0.zip

ImgBurn
    http://imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

what media are you using and what is your burn speed?

make sure you are using good media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim and burn no faster than 8x max

and maybe your not following the process correctly use this guide

http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I'd say more than likely not getting the files completely compliant are causing the reallocation warning. The playability may be a matter of

media though. That's usually the cause when a disc plays in one player and not another. I'd try booktyping to see if that helps along with a

possible media change.

I noticed the drives are in DMA off. If they're IDE drives thay need to be put back into DMA on.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2007
  5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Here's some pictures to show how. ;)

Check in Device Manager to see if DMA or PIO is on. The Secondary channel usually has the optical drives and the hard drives are on the Primary. Double click the channel and look in Advanced Settings or right click the desired channel and select Properies and look under the Advanced Settings tab. Note current transfer mode. Transfer Mode: is the setting that's desired, not necessarily what the drive is in, that's the Current Transfer Mode. SATA doesn't use DMA.

[​IMG]

#I is the Control Panel. Follow I, II, III. Hard drives on Primary Channel and optical drives on Secondary Channel. Uninstall and reboot to kick drives back into DMA on. After Reboot check to make sure DMA is on. If problems persist, check IDE cables, drives and mobo.
    [​IMG]

7. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

8. prodigebo

prodigebo Member

Ok, first off, I want to thank everyone for their help with this issue. I have gone through what everyone has said, but I am still left with a question or two.

1) aabbccdd - you were right, I was NOT doing the process correctly. I was not re-authoring the disc. However, with re-author, you cannot keep the menus. Is there a way around that, or is that just the price of backing up copies? Also with that, I use memorex media, i know it sucks, BUT i have never had any no plays with it before. It has something to do with making the disc compliant.

2) pacman - thanks for the software links, when i get my next round of dvds, I am going to try those, I can't have too many tools to backup dvds.

3) john - that firmware link is broken for the js04, i tried searching all over for it, but every site brings me back to that same link. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

4) and for the DMA people, i went in and followed the steps, eventhough the screenshots were different, it seemed to do something.

If anyone has any other input on the DVD fab/ shrink method as to why i get the reallocation error at the very end which makes non-compliant, i'm all ears. (It'd be nice to re-author and still keep the menus, but if thats the price to back up, then so be it, I'll live) Thanks again for everyones help and input.

9. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

Sorry, should of checked it. This link should work:)
    Just copy/paste it in IE's address bar and hit GO.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/JS04.EXE

You maybe using an outdated version of DVDFab, here's the link to the current version.

http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DECRYPTER

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  10. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

as said i know you can keep the menus using clonedvd 2

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2007
  11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Ok, first off, I want to thank everyone for their help with this issue. I have gone through what everyone has said, but I am still left with a question or two.

1) aabbccdd - you were right, I was NOT doing the process correctly. I was not re-authoring the disc. However, with re-author, you cannot keep the menus. Is there a way around that, or is that just the price of backing up copies? Also with that, I use memorex media, i know it sucks, BUT i have never had any no plays with it before. It has something to do with making the disc compliant.
    With Shrink 3.2 you can edit in Full Disc using Still Image in the compression settings. Expand the titles, click on the title to highlight what you want edited out and select Still Image in compression settings for the title. That's how you edit with Shrink to keep a functional menu. Another option you can use for a functional menu and movie is to use RipIt4Me and use the Movie + Title option in Rip Mode.

2) pacman - thanks for the software links, when i get my next round of dvds, I am going to try those, I can't have too many tools to backup dvds.
    Looks like this may have been the one you were looking for. LOL

3) john - that firmware link is broken for the js04, i tried searching all over for it, but every site brings me back to that same link. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

4) and for the DMA people, i went in and followed the steps, eventhough the screenshots were different, it seemed to do something.
    I'm using XP, so your Device Manager, should have looked similar if not the same.

If anyone has any other input on the DVD fab/ shrink method as to why i get the reallocation error at the very end which makes non-compliant, i'm all ears. (It'd be nice to re-author and still keep the menus, but if thats the price to back up, then so be it, I'll live) Thanks again for everyones help and input.

I pointed out 2 different ways of keeping movie and menu, edit with Still Image in Shrink or use the RipIt4Me with the option selected in Rip Mode. I'd suggest the latter.