1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink reboots comuter

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by enginman, Jul 29, 2007.

1. enginman

enginman Member

I have used Shrink on several computers with no problems. On my main video machine probably about 50% of the time I get about 40-50% through shrinking (not sure but I believe it is ususally at the beginning of the third VOB files of the main movie) and the machine simply reboots. No error messages, no blue screens, nothing, simply reboots. I've looked at the files that Shrink has processed and it always stops at a point where it has just created the next filename for the next VOB file (its still 0 bytes). This is when shrinking entire disks. To the best of my knowledge this has never happened on a reauthor. I use DVDFAB HD Decrypter to do all my ripping. I'm running XP home with all updates and this is a fresh load of the operating system although it did do it before I upgraded disks, just not as often. I have not tried disabling the screen saver or power save for the monitor, I was going to try that next but it seems like a slim chance. Given that it is always at the point where it has just opened a VOB file seems to be the key... Anyone ever see this or is there a known problem/solution? Any help will be appreciated!

Norm

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I agree with attar...sounds like a heat issue.

Remove the cover of your case and make sure all your fans are working properly and blow out any dust bunnies that may be jumping around in there.

4. dukebd13

dukebd13 Member

hey my computer just started doing that too.. and it is definitely not a heat issue. I just turned on my computer after a couple of days of not using it and my computer rebooted

5. chaopiao

chaopiao Guest

***spam removed by creaky***

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2007
  6. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

^~~spam alert~~^

Could also be a bad PSU causing the reboots.

7. enginman

enginman Member

I do not believe any of the above are the cause. The machine only reboots when shrinking with DVDShrink so I have to suspect software. I realize there are thousands of people running shrink with no problems - myself included on other machines. However, I find it hard to believe its a coincidence. Last night I shrunk a disk after turning off the monitor power save setting and it completed fine. This is a test of one so I'm not very excited yet about finding the solution.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Norm