1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Region code swap limit?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Svenstons, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Svenstons

Svenstons Guest

I've been using DVD Shrink for a while now and have had no problems until now. Recently I have been backing up some DVD's from the States which was working fine but now it says I can't do any more as there was a limit of how many times I could swap from Region 2 o Region one and back again. Does anyone know of a way to reset this timer or get around it?

2. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

You can only change your burner region codes 4 times. After that, it is locked on the last one. If you go to Device Manager and click on your drive's properties (or Nero's InfoTool), it will tell you how many times left you can change it. In any case, there's freeware/shareware out there that can make it region-free, so start looking.

3. kroketten

kroketten Member

There is an option in 3.2 that will let you turn off RPC2 region checking. Put out the check in that box, and you should be good. Of course, your drive has properly upgraded firmware, yeah?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004