1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink, region free or region 1?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by MSTFreak, Jan 15, 2005.

1. MSTFreak

MSTFreak Member

hi, I have a question i need answered quick.

i live in the USA and I just downloaded the swedish version of "cross of iron". the reason I needed the european version is because the US one has a couple of scenes cut out. I re-ripped it with dvd shrink because i thought choosing 'region free' would make it, well, region free. guess what? the picture is completely screwed, cant see a damn thing. my question is would it have made a difference if I would have chose region 1 rather than region free? would it have specificly re-encoded the movie to NTSC?

thanks.

2. MSTFreak

MSTFreak Member

can a simple question such as this not be answered?

3. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

If you are talking about the little window you get when you click on backup, then you want to choose the same region on the DVD itself in order to remove it altogether. Not sure what region number sweeden is part of. It should say on the case. Next time, post shrink questions in the shrink forum. You'll get a faster response.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005