1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink - Region Settings - PAL/NTSC

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by ibuddha, Feb 4, 2007.

1. ibuddha

ibuddha Member

I've been all over the internet trying to find a way to convert a PAL movie to NTSC. I came across someone on here that said that all one need was DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. I have the latter and I just need to know how it is that I can change the damn region settings?

This is where I get stuck:
    [​IMG]

The movie i'm trying to convert is Rammstein DVD Volkerball, I got through a torrent with all the vob files and all that mumbo jumbo, point is that it's complete. I don't know where to change the setting?

I tried with Nero but Recode but it doesn't give me an option so that I can change that settings either. I've tried NVE but it only doe sthe videos and not the menus.

I know that everyone says the best thing is to use VobBlanker and IFO edit (which I don't know how to use either) But I just want to see if it can really be done through DVD Shrink like some one said earlier.

please help me!

buddha280d@gmail.com

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Sorry but you can only make the title region-free with those programs (shrink/decrypter). They will not do PAL-NTSC conversion.

Most converters will not bring the menu along but only the main title. I'm not sure whether Vobblanker and IFOEdit keep the menus automatically or whether you have to separate with IFOEdit and rejoin later. I don't dabble myself or if I do, it's only for the main title.

3. ibuddha

ibuddha Member

Ok, then how exactly do I make it region free?

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Ripping from the DVD to your hard disk with either DVD Decrypter or DVD Shrink removes the RPC1 (region) protection. You generally need firmware that makes your PC drive ignore region checking and/or software like AnyDVD or CSS+RegionFree to rip out of region DVDs.

I would guess the torrent is already region free, so your problem is broadcast standard, PAL-NTSC, conversion. You probably should be able to play the title on your computer drive without conversion. Conversion would be required for a standalone unless it plays both broadcast formats.

5. Joshua30

Joshua30 Guest

/????

6. ibuddha

ibuddha Member

that's my problem I burnt the dvd and i put it on my pioneer dvd player and it plays but it's a gray picture and it's almost inverted.

7. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

This appears to be a PAL format DVD based on the photo. You need to convert it to NTSC format which DVD Shrink cannot do. You need to use another program to do so, unless you want to do much work, will lose all but the main movie doing the conversion. Some of the programs that'll do it iirc are the following:

ConvertXtoDVD
    NeroVision
    Vobblanker
    DivxtoDVD

In Nero you use NeroVision to do the conversion not Recode.

8. omnicron

omnicron Guest

use dvd shrink first or any program to get rid of the copy right protection, make a new dvd. Than use Nero 7 - vision, go to make dvd, choose import disc and follow the program. Nero will change the PAL to NTSC with no problems. The DVD will play in most stand alone player (Sony, etc).
    omnicron