1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink restarts encoding after 100% signal

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by mugga, Mar 31, 2005.

1. mugga

mugga Member

Hi everyone, I am new here, I have been using DVD Shrink V3.2 and Nero for burning. I have had no probems until recently after I updated Nero to the latest version, I also did a WinXP update.
    DVD Shrink encodes a movie, it gets to 100% encoding and then instead of popping the dvd out it starts to encode again?
    Has anybody had this same problem?

PC Specs: P4 2.8GIG 256RAM , 160GIG HD.

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling DVD Shrink after you updated your nero and windows?

3. mugga

mugga Member

Thank you, I will try that and see if it fixes it.

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Also, are you sure it's encoding twice or is it doing a deep analysis and then encoding?

5. mugga

mugga Member

My settings are set for 'deep analysis' and the movie portion is >4360mb, so therefore it is by default going to do a deep analysis.
    When it does the 'deep analysis' does it actually go through the process twice or does it just encode a lot slower and only do it once?

Answer below....

Deep Analysis

The deep analysis option will encode your DVD in two passes. This will take significantly longer, but it serves two purposes:

1. It will improve video quality by allowing DVD Shrink to better distribute the required compression throughout the various scenes in your DVD.

2. It will ensure that DVD Shrink accurately meets the target size.

This option will be disabled if you already performed a deep analysis of the same DVD. DVD Shrink will remember the results of previous analysis, so there is no need to do it again. This option will also be disabled if no compression is required.

This query is now closed, I hope this helps someone.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2005
  6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

So did you have a problem in the first place?

Also, if you chose quality enhancements(compress video with high quality adaptive error compensation) encoding time will take even longer.

Hope all's well.