1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink, ripit4me question

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jeannymo, Jan 10, 2007.

1. jeannymo

jeannymo Member

I just tried to burn All The Kings Men using ripit4me and dvd decrypter and dvd shrink and it wont play in my regular dvd player, it says disk error but when i put it in my computer, it plays. Does anyone knows why this is? I would greatly appreciate any information. Can using ripit4me burn Sony movies or is there something else I have to do?

2. onya

onya Guest

I had exactly the same problem some time ago.I was using +R format dvd discs, one of our OLD players at the time couldn't recognise that specific format..So when i changed to -R, all was well, NO PROBS. So ever since I've been using -R.I hope this solves your prob.
    I have one question of my own if thats ok... do you have MENU SHRINK?
    This is a nifty little app that works VERY well with DVDShrink(and it's FREE)Keep us posted on how you go.

Cheers.

3. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Sounds like your standalone player doesn't like the media you're using. What type are they? What progran are you using to burn the discs?

4. jeannymo

jeannymo Member

My dvd player will play any other movie i have burned but All the kings men simply will not but will in my computer. I am using the same burnable disk i always have. i just cant it to burn for me to play in my dvd player i would love more help with this problem. thanx

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

jeannymo
    RipIt4Me has done many of the Sony movies in the past. In fact there is a thread going on that topic now. Sony chooses to keep making more difficult copy protection and decryption software has to be updated accordingly. I'm not saying it is, but "All the Kings Men" may be covered in the next update of RI4M. I hear they're already working on improving RI4M for some of the newer copy protection it's been having problems with. In the meantime, try the free DVDFab Decrypter and the AnyDVD trial from Slysoft to see if one of those does better. None of the apps are 100% all the time.

Onya
    What you described sounded most like media incompatibility, which dialysis1 brought up. There a user just has to be aware of what media is supported by the player. I've got a new Philips (inexpensive one) that plays most of the DVD and CD formats. If a person has a burner that booktypes, they can use +R to burn to ROM to help lessen the compatibility issues. ROM is the unisversal player format.

6. jeannymo

jeannymo Member

i have tried dvd decryptor snd any dvd but no luck with anything ive tried and i am still using the same burnable dvds i always have and no problems with anything else i have burned dang sony

7. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Try the new version of RipIt4Me. Just came out yesterday.

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

... and allow the RipIt4Me program to check for updates so you won't get caught behind in the future.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

10. jeannymo

jeannymo Member

Thank you everyone for your help. Whoever told me to remove the stuff at the beginning of the movie it worked. Sony must of put all the junk in the beginning of the movie All the kings men.

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Copy protection is placed in the files that accompany the movie (or has been so far that I've noticed). I've not seen where they've put it inside the movie itself. The bypassing would be the same, just that they'd have to work harder to place it there. That's why occasionally doing movie only will get a backup for you when trying to do full disc isn't supported by your software yet for a particular release.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2007
  12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The "Whoever" must have been in the other thread. I didn't see it suggested here. Glad to see you got your backup though.