1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink "sector is encrypted error"

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by tdh, Jan 20, 2004.

1. tdh

tdh Guest

I have gone through the all the turtorials, and made sure dvd shrink is set up correctly. No matter what DVD I try to backup, I get a message telling me the read failed because "the sector was encrypted." I thought this program was supposed to unencrypt the dvd? Any suggestions? I was able to backup a copy of a dvd i made with clonedvd. What gives?

2. tdh

tdh Guest

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Try playing the movie just a few seconds with your player software. Once the movie starts, stop it and then open Shrink and click open disc. Sometimes Shrink needs a Jump start. There are a few movies Shrink will have problems with. When that happens, try DVD Decrypter or if you have Anydvd to use with your copy of Clonedvd, start up Anydvd and let it run behind DVDshrink. It gets me through the ones Shrink has problems with.
    Jerry

4. rudinator

rudinator Member

"Try playing the movie just a few seconds with your player software. Once the movie starts, stop it and then open Shrink and click open disc. Sometimes Shrink needs a Jump start. There are a few movies Shrink will have problems with. When that happens, try DVD Decrypter or if you have Anydvd to use with your copy of CloneDVD, start up Anydvd and let it run behind DVDshrink. It gets me through the ones Shrink has problems with.
    Jerry "

Thanks jerry for your suggestion. I tried it and it worked just fine.

5. the1show

the1show Member

This sometimes happens - the way I got around it was to rip the whole DVD to your hard drive using Smartripper. Then using the folder option in DVD shrink navigating to the folder you saved the whole disc in. DVD shrink should work then