1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink shuts off my computer

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by LEFTY15, Jan 27, 2005.

1. LEFTY15

LEFTY15 Member

I have used DVD shrink for a while now, and have had no problems with it or with my computer. Recently when trying to burn new release movies, The Forgotten and The Village, i have a problem. The analysis works fine, but about half way through the backup, my computer shuts itself off automatically without warning. Is anyone else having this sort of problem?

2. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

DVDShrink and other CPU intensive software may/will cause a lot of heat.

I had a problem like that once, and the next day my power supply fried, since the fan on it was jammed.

You might have a heating problem.
    My 2 cents worth...

Last edited: Jan 27, 2005
  3. Starbuck1

Starbuck1 Guest

Lefty15: Check your Event Viewer log and look at all the tabs for application, security and system. Hopefully, something in these log files will pin point the problem. Good suggestion with PSU/heat issue too. Machine just shuts down? No stop codes? No blue screen? Check the logs.....let us know.

4. LEFTY15

LEFTY15 Member

Thank you for the reply. i have no heating problem, i have burned around 10 dvds since this problem. when i try to burn The Village or The Forgotten, my computer shuts down in the middle of the process, no stop codes and no blue screens. it just turns black and powers down instantly. like it was unplugged. but i am 100% sure that there is no heating problem.
    What is an Event Viewer Log, and where can i find it?
    Thanks

5. Veblin

Veblin Active member