1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink slow disc analysis and burning using decrpyter

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by kooah, Mar 15, 2005.

1. kooah

kooah Member

I just got a Dell dimension 4700 computer. It comes with just a CD-RW/DVD-RW single drive(NEC 3450A). After I opened the disc, it showed about 4300 MB with entire green bar on top. When I clicked the analysing disc button, it showed about 30 minutes remaining, frame speed is about 80-90 frames/sec, analysing rate is about 3000-3500 kbs. I thought it should take less than a minute to analyse a disc, according to the DVD shrink guide. ALL drives are in DMA mode, and I'm using the latest Shrink/Decrypter version. The total backup/burning time is about 2 hours. Any reasons why? Please help.

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

If you are talking about deep anylyzation, then the time it is taking is normal. When you are compressing a movie to 4300 MB and select deep analyzation and quality enhancements the time it is taking you to back up a movie with your system is also normal. If you only back up the main movie, you will have less compression and faster back up times.(and better video quality)

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  3. kooah

kooah Member

Thanks for the quick response! I have a 2-yr old Dell 4600 computer with a CD-RW/DVD ROM combo drive and an external NEC 3500A DVD-RW drive. Using the same Shrink/Decrypter only takes 35 minutes for the entire process and for the same movie. I just don't understand why a newer, more powerful computer takes 3 times longer for the entire process. Would having a DVD ROM on the old computer speed up the entire process? Is it a firmware problem? Hope someone knows!

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I like using a seperate drive to rip the movie. Not only does it make it so you don't have to eject the original and then insert the blank, but it will increase the life of your burner. I myself have 2 16x dual layer burners to do the job and it works out great.(not all dvd roms can play -/+R Dual layer discs)