1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD shrink slowing down

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by BarbDoll, Jul 26, 2007.

1. BarbDoll

BarbDoll Member

I had a problem with DVD Shrink slowing right down during decoding.
    I had a play with everything including cleaning up my PC, nothing i did worked.
    Finally in desperation I went to "Help & Support" on my PC , then to "Pick a Task", then to "Undo changes to your PC with Systems Restore"
    I selected a point 2 days previously.... BINGO !... it works very fast again !
    As I do not understand PCs very well, indeed, not very much at all, I have over a long period of time used this "Systems Restore' when I have had PC problems, and I have, over a long period of time, it has fixed lots problem.
    Has anyone else had any experiences with this ?

2. NOSaints

NOSaints Member

i am currently experiencing this problem. i did a defrag last night and i just did a restore point. neither worked. my dvdshrink is still slow. its also slow when i play the dvd in vlc player. could something be wrong with my drive?

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

NOSaints,
    Your problem could be the amount of background processes that you have running, a bad IDE or SATA cable, burner going South, Registry conflicts, your Secondary IDE Channel could be in PIO mode when it should be in DMA. Check your secondary IDE Channel in Device Manager and insure it is in DMA. You might also want to d/l a free Registry Cleaner from the Internet and clean up any Registry conflicts