1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink space on 4.7 DVD problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sweetj, Mar 18, 2005.

1. sweetj

sweetj Member

I'm trying to copy a wrestling DVD using DVD shrink, but even after compression my 4.7 disk is just out. I've used the Author part to just select the main footage and lose the crap extras, but to no avail. Its just a few meg out. It seems to be all coming down to the audio stream of the footage which there is only one available. If i select it, the content is too large for the DVD. If i de-select it, it will fit, but i'm without audio. I'd prefer it if i could compress the DVD some more, but it won't let me. Can anyone help?

2. hawthorne

hawthorne Member

I am having this problem to. Is there a way to compress the data on the DVD you are trying to shrink without loosing the quality. Let's face it, most movies are longer than an hour and a half.

3. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

Yesterday I Shrinked "Blue Brothers", which is 2h28 mins.
    So I'm suprise to see other DVD that still would be too big after beeing Shrink !

Anyway, what I wanted to say is I have read people use DVDShrink on their original DVD, and they re-used Shrink on the end result again and it seems to have helped.

Your scared of loosing too much quality ?
    Buy an other copy <grin>...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  4. hawthorne

hawthorne Member

Does the same go for episodic disks such as the Soppranos?

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I have backed up all four seasons of the sopranos with DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter and have had no problems and quality is fairly good. If you do not want quality loss on these long backups then you have the option of splitting them to two disks using re-author mode in DVD Shrink.

6. sweetj

sweetj Member

I'm not bothed about the quality that much, i'm more bothered about getting it all on one disk as opposed to 2 disks. I will quite happily watch old wrestlings events that are of really bad quality in comparison to todays standards than worry about how the compression rate of a DVD comes out.

7. sweetj

sweetj Member

Arr forget it. I Forgot Im dealing with a 3 hour wrestling event as apposed to a 2 hour movie. I suppose that expalins it a bit. I've managed to get round it by cutting a few frames out of the beginning, so not a complete loss.